Friday, August 1, 2008

I Want To Believe

I finally got my hands on the X-Files: Revelations dvd and as I revisit the show for the first time in years, something funny is happening. On the one hand, I'm understanding the stories a lot more than I used to (I was ten when the show started, after all) and it's like seeing it for the first time. On the other hand, memories of all the best episodes are flooding back, as is the whole conspiracy storyline (which I had to explain to my mother since she forgot). This is all in preparation for the new movie, which I hope to see soon (Billy Connelly alone should be worth the price of admission. He always was one of the best character actors and it's a pleasant surprise whenever he pops up). Supposedly a stand-alone story unconnected to the series' mythology, I'm curious as to how the movie will reintroduce Mulder and Scully after they were last seen running from the law. In any event, Chris Carter has said that he wants to do a third film to continue the mythology from where the show left off, so hopefully there will be more to come before the actors outgrow the characters. I look forward to finally getting the seasons on dvd and rewatching it in full (something I've been meaning to do and have never gotten around to). The Truth Is Out There, indeed.

No comments: