Monday, July 28, 2008

I Think I'm A Clone Now

As the anticipation builds among Star Wars fans for the new Clone Wars movie, and the series to follow, let us not forget the first such production from 2004. Produced as a series of short "micro episodes", the show was directed by Genndy Tartakovsky, a man who, in my opinion, stands among the modern masters of American animation and is one of the few who realize the medium's potential.

His unique sense of style, seen to greatest effect in the underappreciated Samurai Jack,produces designs which seem very simple, but are amazingly fluid when in motion. It is no mistake that Lucasfilm adapted his designs to 3D for the new series.

The original show is available on two DVDs (though, sadly, I have yet to see the second) and the trailers for the new film can be seen at http://movies.yahoo.com/. Take a look and perhaps you'll be as impressed as I am.


No comments: