Saturday, April 19, 2008

Cool Movies for a Hot Summer


Well, folks, the summer movie season is almost upon us. This is my favorite time of year and it looks like we've got an excellent crop heading our way. I thought it would be a good time to post a calendar. I got the dates from http://www.comingsoon.net/ so you can go there for info and trailers. I'm gonna try and see as many of these as I can, so when I do, expect a review to pop up here.


May 2: Iron Man (I still can't picture Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, but I could be wrong)

May 9: Speed Racer (Check out the trailer. Total hardcore eye candy.)

May 16: Prince Caspian (The first Narnia film stunk, but I'm hoping this one will be better.)

May 22 (?): Indiana Jones (No commentary needed. This one speaks for itself.)


June 6: Kung Fu Panda (Looks like it could be the best Dreamworks cartoon since Shrek 2.)

June 13 (Friday The 13th! Oooohh, creepy!): The Incredible Hulk

June 20: Get Smart (If you never watched that show, you've been seriously deprived)

June 27: WALL-E (Pixar's latest also speaks for itself. Check the trailer.)


July 11: Hellboy II: The Golden Army (It's about damn time!)

July 18: The Dark Knight AND Space Chimps (DK speaks for itself, but poor Space Chimps doesn't stand a chance and that's a shame cause it looks good.)

July 25: The X-Files 2 (This is a must-see. Nuff said.)


August 1: The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (Wait, what? What does China have to do with mummies? I'll be seeing this one to see if it's as good as the last one of these they did. Fingers crossed.)

August 15: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS (No comment needed.)


And that's it. Not a bad lineup, eh? If half of these flicks are as good as they look we'll be in for some great times.

No comments: