Friday, April 18, 2008

And So It Begins...



Hi all! Welcome to my world. After reading other people's blogs for years, I thought I'd chime in with my own. I have always been a massive pop-culture junkie [comic books, movies, videogames (mainly retro stuff), fantasy/scifi/horror, cartoons, you name it I'm probably a fan of it] and so this blog will be me giving a geek's perspective on things.





To start this thing off, I found out this morning that Marvel had to pull the trailer for Wolverine and the X-Men and remove it from Youtube and everywhere else because it seems that the Foo Fighters songs in it were used without permission. Reportedly, the band is considering a lawsuit.




Personally, I think that would be excessive. Yeah, Marvel screwed up but the vid's already been taken out of circulation. A lawsuit wouldn't accomplish anything at this point. I, of course, had the foresight to snag the trailer when I first saw it, so I and anyone else who did that can still watch it whenever but it's a shame that no one else can cause it really is an awesome video. The show is supposed to be on the Nicktoons Network in 2009 and I wonder if maybe they pushed it back to then to let the controversy (however small it ends up being) blow over. Oh well.




Speaking of X-Men, I found a nifty bit of treasure yesterday. Remember the old X-Men arcade game? The one that, for some reason, was based on a pilot that failed rather than on a series that succeeded? Well, some cool person ripped the audio from the game to put together a soundtrack! After giving it a listen, I'll say that it's your typical early-90's videogame music, but it sounds great and is very enjoyable. If you're a True Believer like me, than get thee to http://nexusdarkblue.blogspot.com/




Excelsior!

No comments: